About Me

My photo
I do not know much about me except that I'm weird.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

No, Campbell. This is a vegetable soup.



Ingredients that I used
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 large onion, minced
3 organic carrots, scrubbed and chopped
4 celery stalks, chopped
2 yellow, red and orange peppers (remove seeds & chop)
1/2 head of green cabbage (no matter fancy, savory or reg, chopped)
1 large canned tomatoes (I used the tomatoes that I canned this summer)
1 bunch of organic kale (remove stalk from tip to end, it's too chewy)
1/2 bunch of spinach (trim the stems off, stems make it bitter)
5 or 6 cups of water

use a large heavy pot. brown onions and garlic with a few tablespoons of water. add peppers, celery, carrots, cabbage with a cup of water. Let it cook and wilt a bit. Add the tomatoes and remaining water (depends how strong or weak you like it. I like mine like a chunky stew so I add 4 cups) Add the Kale when water boils and I added the spinach to the bowls right before serving because it looks purty.

You will hate this soup if you are not a vegetable fanatic...Jerrick will only drink the broth, Brian gags at the smell or thought of it and Anya loves the whole thing if I add a teaspoon of nutritional yeast in her bowl. I will mosey up to the store to buy zucchini and squash and add it along with brown rice or barley for dinner. This will last me till tmw, woot!