About Me

My photo
I do not know much about me except that I'm weird.

Friday, July 8, 2011

being a show off

I am so proud of the dramatic change I did in my kitchen. I was not planning on taking silly pictures of my pantry and fridge but every time I open it now to cook or get a snack musical notes float out of it and I am just so PROUD of myself! Wishing I did a before picture but check out my after...

*singing* "here's my lil ol pantry filled with good shit...
 our lil old fridge filled with fruits mangoes, tomatoes, apples, bananas. Not pictured are my 2 veg drawer with Kale, Red, Green & Boston Lettuce, cucumbers, peppers, green onions, squashs...not to mention my basil, rosemary, chives, sweet leaf (like sugar but not) plants and sprouts. 
 Oh but I bet her freezer is filled with crappy stuff, you say? NOPE!!! Sprouted breads (they were on sale so I stocked up, frozen berries, vegetables and a bag of ice (ice maker is broken)
 i dont mean to brag I'm just so amazed that I can grab anything, look at the box and understand what is in it. every word... no lingo chemical shit. I love it!

New recipe I made that didnt go over well with family (but i like it a lot) is Kale Chips.
Wash and dry one bunch of kale, remove stalk and rib. Cut leaves into 1.5-2 inch squares put in large bowl add just one tablespoon of olive oil, a twist or 2 of sea salt, toss it around till lightly coated. lay them flat & bake at 275 for 20 minutes.
(I used preheated stoneware, it doesn't stick so do what you have to for your dish)
Kale is super healthy in so many ways but the only way the family will eat it is if I cut it into skinny strips to blend  in with red lettuce mixed into salads. Oh well one way or another, at least we get all the kick ass healthy benefits from this bumpy cruciferous veggie. $0.80 plus tbsp of olive oil? I can totally afford this!!

This morning I cut up a Macintosh Apple, spread almond butter on one side, dipped it in my homemade granola and I felt so guilty eating it but it's extremely healthy. The kids love it and even Brian who is hard to please or hand out compliments, made a happy grunting noise. 


My beautiful granola... made with almonds, flax, sunflower, pumpkin seeds, rolled oats, honey, wheat germ, currant berries.


all serious and no humor today.. insomnia blows.