About Me

My photo
I do not know much about me except that I'm weird.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

fruity stew

It was a dark and stormy night morning... 



There is just something weird to me about having cereal or eating yogurt for breakfast on a rainy and gloomy  morning. It's like making a "Yay, you are 5!" birthday card and only having brown glitter, getting a back rub from a midget Gerard Butler, or a crying unicorn. There's just no point in trying to mesh bummers with happiness. Not really bummers because I do love the rain but ya know it tranquilizes a person. There's no energy packed blow dart for a reason.


Or is there?... 
When it was rainy a couple days ago, I whipped up a healthy "heavy fruity stew" I was so full that I caught myself slipping in and out of consciousness like how grandpas do, upright in the chair. I was falling into a food coma even though I had just woken up 30 mins ago. A protein shake never did that! So comfy, yet in a few minutes, I was buzzing around everywhere with energy.


Heavy Fruity Stew 
1/2 cup of nonfat yogurt
1 - 2 tbsp freshly ground flaxseeds 
1 tsp of whole flaxseed for the crunch
1 tbsp of oat bran
1 tbsp of chia seeds
1/2 cup fresh strawberries & 1/2 banana sliced (next time I'm doing fresh blueberries)
combine all ingredients and top with fruit. 
wait a few minutes (for chia and flax seeds to thicken yogurt) 



Probably shouldn't eat this every morning due to the temporary lethargy it causes but here are some suggestions on when it's okay to do so... 

  • "I hate you aunt flo, you must die" bad cramp day
  • I cant believe all I have in my fridge is flax, chia seeds, oatbran, yogurt, berries and bananas. What will I eat?
  • I need comfort food even though I don't have time to get depressed since I just woke up
  • I'm laying on a faux bearskin in front of the fireplace with a beefcake and it's snowing outside of my log cabin
  • I wonder how Grandpa felt when he slept like that
  • I need a healthy blowdart to the stomach