About Me

My photo
I do not know much about me except that I'm weird.

Monday, August 22, 2011

normal eggs? Not no mo'!

Just a fast 2 minute blurt...
Why did we waste our mornings and eat plain milk and egg omelets for so long? Some mornings had mushrooms or onions, sometimes cheese or even spinach. How lame... Not no mo'! 
My mom shared a trick about placing a long sprig of rosemary in soups for a short time and it makes the broth, kick you in the throat, good. Since I love being kicked in the throat, but think she's whack for cooking soup in August, I wanted to try it right away! I was melting butter for omelets when the idea hit me to drop a stick of rosemary in it. I am now hooked so I ran over to tell you about it. Just make sure you take it out before adding the eggs and all the whatnot stuff that you add. Remember I want to be kicked but however long you leave it in, is your preference I just wouldn't leave it in too long. Probably no more than 45 seconds. I want a do over of all those lame mornings. I ought to make up for all the years lost to plain omelets and create different versions 5 times a day.

 Onions, tomatoes, a big handful of fresh spinach & egg whites topped with turkey, chives and onion spouts. 

ahh, that was a nice kick.