About Me

My photo
I do not know much about me except that I'm weird.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

sticky balls

My eyes detach themselves and roll back in my head when I eat one because it's that gooooood!
much modified form of almond rice chews from the internet. I wish I remembered the site but I just wrote the recipe it down awhile ago on an past due electric bill envelope. My changes are in the (parenthesis) and I call em sticky balls. 
  • 1/4 cup chunky almond butter (I used 1/4 of crunchy raw almond butter usually, can use any nut butter I assume)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract (1 tsp almond extract)
  • 1 cup rice crisp cereal 
  • 3 tbsp brown rice syrup (They don't sell that shit anywhere so I used 3 tbsp of honey)
  • 1 tbsp cacao nibs (yuck, I used dried currants, YUM!)
mix nut butter, extract and syrup/honey together, nuke for 30 seconds then mix in rice cereal while still hot, fold in the 1 TABLESPOON of the "sweet treat" chocolate or any dried fruit. 
Wet hands and I use a table spoon to heap scoop out beer pong ball sized balls. 
Seal it in something on wax paper, put in fridge or freezer. I do the latter. Lick bowl clean. 
Eat it before you work out because it's an awesome pre-workout food :) Candy/cookie before working out? Trick is you can only eat one *whimper* but still, I freeze mine so it takes LONGER to eat.